Top 3 Yoga Tips For a Flat Belly
While we all agree that exercise is essential for anyone looking to get washer board abs, many times, the rigorous exercises required bring along certain side effects such as muscle cramps and pain. According to the Director of The Yoga Institute, Smt Hansaji Jayadeva Yogendra, weight loss is not just about getting the perfect figure and looking good.
It is more about being fit and healthy so you perform your duties and achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself. In order to lose belly fat, the yoga way, you have to relax and stop worrying about your weight.
The advantage of using yoga Asanas (poses) is that they have a multitude of benefits; not only will you achieve a flat stomach, but you will also have a healthy mind as well.
There are plenty of yoga exercises or Asanas to help reduce belly fat, but the five below are among the three most effective ones at achieving this result:
1. Bhujang asana (Cobra pose)
This is a great asana to reduce belly pooch and strengthen the abdominal muscles.
The pose also makes the spine strong and flexible.
How to do it
* Lie flat on your belly with outstretched legs then place your palms beneath your shoulders.
*While inhaling, raise up our chest slowly, bending backwards as much as you can
* This is the cobra pose, hold for 15 to 30 seconds depending on your ability.
* While exhaling, slowly lower your whole body to the prone position
* Repeat this exercise at least five time allowing yourself 15 seconds for relaxation
2. Dhanurasana (bow pose)
This is among the most effective exercises for strengthening the abdominal core.
It activates the digestive system and gives your abdomen a full massage.
* Lie down on your belly in the prone position with legs stretched together, and arms placed beside the body
* Slowly bend your knees, reaching your arm to your ankles then holding them
* While inhaling, slowly lift up your head and bend backward, ensure that you lift the head as high as you can.
* Hold the posture for 15 to 30 seconds, and then breathe normally while holding the pose.
* While exhaling, slowly bring back your body to the prone position.
* Repeat this at least five times while relaxing for 15 seconds after each round.
3. Kumbhakasana (planks)
This is virtually the simplest, yet most effective yoga exercise to flatten your belly.
Apart from burning belly fat, it also strengthens your shoulders, arms, thighs and buttocks.
* Begin while resting on your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
* Tug your toes under then step your feet back one by one, extending your legs behind you.
* Inhale, and then look slightly ahead of your palms till your neck gets aligned with your spine.
* Hold in your abdominal muscles
* At this point, your body should be in a straight line pose from the head to the heels, keep your hands flat with our fingers spread.
* After holding this posture for 20 to 30 seconds, release by dropping your knees to the floor then exhaling.
* Repeat this exercise at least 5 time allowing 15 seconds for relaxation.